Grant is a new addition to Ballarat Lawyers’ Criminal Law team. Grant prides himself on coming from a Blue-Collar background and being a qualified Boilermaker. Grant’s approach to his clients and passion for Criminal Law is straightforward – “all or nothing”.
Grant started his legal career volunteering for Justice Connect’s Not-for-Profit Law sector in Melbourne’s CBD. During this time, he obtained experience working on matters relating to Victorian Consumer Affairs, Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission, charities and not-for-profit law, business structures and governance, and corporation law.
Grant made his transition to Criminal Law as a volunteer Solicitor for Salvos’ Legal Humanitarian Law in Sunshine. During this time, Grant gained invaluable experience working on criminal law matters involving sensitive and vulnerable clients. The scope of his services whilst at Salvos’ Legal included but not limited to:
- offences alleged to have been committed under the Road Safety Act (Vic) (vehicle impoundment, drug and alcohol traffic related offences etc.);
- offences alleged to have been committed under the Criminal Code Act (Cth); and
- offences alleged to have been committed under the Crimes Act (Vic).
Upon completion of his time with Salvos’ Legal, Papa Hughes’ Lawyers in Melbourne CBD secured Grant’s services as Instructing Solicitor for multiple County Court matters. Grant served as Instructing Solicitor for Counsel in matters relating to but not limited to:
- bashir inquiries;
- jury selection;
- dealing proceeds of crime; and
- importation and trafficking of commercial quantities of a prohibited substance.
Grant looks forward to representing you in any type of Criminal Law matter.
If Grant Baars can assist you with your legal matter, please contact him to arrange an appointment.
To see what our existing clients think about us, click here.
For more information on who we are and how we can assist you, click here.